Tabs

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Budapest

I know I've been awful at posting...oops. I've been too busy enjoying the beautiful city of Amsterdam and exploring other cities too, like Budapest! I went to Budapest during my spring break for two nights. I didn't know much about Hungary, but the airfare was insanely cheap so I tagged along with some friends. The city is divided by a river, which has gorgeous bridges attaching the two. It was absolutely beautiful. They have delicious food and everything is cheap. These are obviously my priorities. Haha we stayed in an actual hotel, with a giant bath tub, that I unfortunately didn't get to bathe in. My favorite part of the trip was visiting the famous ruin pubs. They're old buildings that were destroyed during World War II, but have been somewhat renovated and turned into bars. There's graffiti everywhere and all the furniture is mismatched. You can even sit in an old car or bath tub.

I loved this adorable mint green building.

From the Buda side of the city.

Gorgeous cathedral with hexagon tiles.

Sunset.

The Basilica. We came at night when no one was around, it was so serene.

My friends candid reaction to Palinka, a Hungarian liquor made of fruit. It's 50% alcohol and does not go down easily.

These pubs basically look like flea markets, which is probably why I loved them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment